FDF Scotland is delighted to work with Brakes Scotland to launch the 2019 Braw Lunch Brake Challenge with partners Royal Highland Education Trust, ASSIST FM, Education Scotland, Skills Development Scotland (SDS) and Developing the Young Workforce (DYW).
The challenge is looking for industry stars of the future and is open to all primary 5, 6 and 7 pupils across Scotland.
Pupils in primary 5, 6 and 7 are tasked with developing an innovative healthy dish using local Scottish produce.
• Encourage greater understanding of the food chain from field to fork and sea to plate
• Support educated food choices
• Develop an understanding of the real world of work and how businesses operate and the skills required by employers
Friday, May 10
Initial dish ideas from each team/school to be submitted.
A team of judges from the partner organisations will then shortlist six healthy dish ideas
Friday, May 17
Schools will be notified if their team has been successful no later than Friday, May 17
Thursday, June 6
Shortlisted teams will be invited to the final and asked to:
• Prepare a presentation (no more than 5 minutes) to present to an audience of dragons and other pupils
from the other shortlisted schools.
• Recreate their dish in the professional kitchens with help from City of Glasgow College hospitality students
• Take part in a tour of the college facilities
• Hear the partner organisations discuss careers and job/work opportunities in the food and drinks industry.
To apply, please send ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information is available here.