In partnership with the Scottish Centre for Information on Language Teaching (SCILT), we are delighted to invite schools from across the North East to the 2019 SCILT Business Brunch on January 31, 2019 at the Aberdeen Mariott Hotel from 10am - 13.20pm.
The event is specifically aimed at pupils in S3-6 to demonstrate the relevance of language skills in a work context with the intention of encouraging pupils to continue their language studies into the senior phase of their secondary education and beyond school.
Pupils can gain valuable knowledge on how modern languages can support their chosen career. They will have the chance to browse stalls and speak to businesses to learn more about employment opportunities and pathways where language skills are advantageous as well as attend a workshop which aims to demonstrate the value of languages in specific sectors.
The running order and timings for the Business Brunch are as follows:
• 09.00 – 10.00 Employers arrive and set up
• 10.00 – 10.40 Schools Registration, Marketplace networking and Brunch
• 10.45 – 10.55 Welcome and housekeeping
• 10.55 – 11.15 Keynote address
• 11.20 – 11.50 Workshop / Presentation Session 1
• 11.55 – 12.10 Comfort break and Marketplace networking
• 12.15 – 12.45 Workshop / Presentation Session 2
• 12.50 – 13.10 Plenary speaker
• 13.10 – 13.20 Q&A
• 13.20 – 13.30 Close (schools leave)