The School of Health Science is running a careers workshop for those considering a career as an Occupational Therapist. The workshop 'A day in the life of an Occupational Therapist' is on November 14, 2018 from 11am - 4pm at Robert Gordon University.
The workshop aims to:
- Educate the participants about what Occupational Therapists do in their daily work
- Help participants understand the skills involved in being an Occupational Therapist
- Introduce participants to the diversity of areas Occupational Therapists can work in
- Inform participants about what is involved in the degree course
- Provide participants with the opportunity to experience a taster day at RGU
The workshop will include use of the clinical skills centre which will allow participants to carry out practical activities with volunteer patients in a simulated hospital/ward setting and the kitchen, bathroom and living area of the home setting. Occupational Therapists who practice in local services will contribute to the workshop.
This event is intended for 5th/6th year school pupils who are seriously considering applying for the master of occupational therapy undergraduate degree course. Spaces will be limited, so if you are interested please email email@example.com for an application form as soon as possible.
Closing date for applications is November 2, 2018. Any questions, please contact Lisa Paul on firstname.lastname@example.org